Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 28

Thread: Model 19 cabinet plan available

  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member jmarkwart's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 6th, 2002
    Posts
    210
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi Y'all,
    It seems a number of folks lately are interested in M19 plans. I have an old copy of Altec's original M19 cabinet plan but it is yellow and faded, and a bit hard to read due to reproduction losses. If I could figure out how to get it converted to an electronic format I would be willing to post it on my webpages.

    Can anyone recommend a good format to convert a 14 x 18 inch paper document to something I could post on the web?

    Jeff

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Dylanl's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    90
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I am interested if you figure it out.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member Altec19's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 21st, 2003
    Posts
    306
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi Jeff,

    The Adobe .pdf file format has become very popular and documents can be made read-only if desired. It seems quite good for displaying technical drawings and has a good zoom capability. The Adobe reader is readily available. I think we had an offer from another member on this board who was willing to create a new CAD drawing if he was given dimensions, or better yet, a blueprint. A CAD drawing would be an excellent basis for a .pdf file I would think.

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member LICORNE's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    1,603
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi,

    If there is a photocopy store near you. Take your document and reduce it to legal size or the size that will fit a scanner. Scan it and post it.
    We should be able to bring it back to it's original size. I don't promise this is going to work at a 100%. If you have the time and not to expensive I would try it.

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member speakerdave's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 28th, 2004
    Posts
    154
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    I have taken a document that size and scanned it in two passes on a legal size flatbed scanner. Then import the two halves into Photoshop and stitch them together. Then convert to a jpg.

    David

  6. #6
    Senior Hostboard Member GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2002
    Location
    Chamblee, Ga.
    Posts
    4,967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)

    Post

    Greets!

    Didn't Jim Easley do a nice CAD drawing that he's willing to share with list members?

    GM

  7. #7
    Senior Hostboard Member martyh45's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 13th, 2004
    Posts
    337
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    If you can make a copy of the drawing and send it through snail mail I will re-draw it in autocad and print it to a pdf file. It would probably end up being a few pages of 8-1/2 x 11 but easy to read, reprint and post on the internet.

  8. #8
    Senior Hostboard Member jmarkwart's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 6th, 2002
    Posts
    210
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    GM,

    Jim has not been responding to emails lately.

    I'll see if I can get this thing scanned at my local copy shop on an oversized document scanner and saved as a PDF. If that works I'll put it up on my pages.

    Jeff

  9. #9
    Senior Hostboard Member GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2002
    Location
    Chamblee, Ga.
    Posts
    4,967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)

    Post

    Greets!

    That sounds ominous...... Anyway, thanks for the effort!

    GM

  10. #10
    Senior Hostboard Member LICORNE's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2004
    Posts
    1,603
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    3 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi Jeff
    There's a scanner that will do these large dimensions. The cost of a 14 by 18 would be around 40$ canadian.
    I'ts quite an undertaking.

    Bert

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.